What Responsive IMG Technique Should We Teach in Our Book?
All this time you thought I was writing novels about responsive IMGs for altruistic purposes, but I had an ulterior motive. We need help with our book.
One chapter of the book is called Mobile First Responsive Web Design. We intend to teach people how to start with a mobile version of their site and progressively enhance it to a desktop view. Part of doing that is handling the IMG tag.
So here’s my question for you. If you had to select one of the responsive IMGs techniques, which one would you choose?
Some things to keep in mind:
- The Head First book series is designed for learners. It is used in many classrooms. Therefore, we can’t get into the detail I went into in my posts. We need something representative that teaches the core issues and provides a decent, if flawed, solution.
- Because book is for learners, we want to keep things simple if possible.
- We need to chose one technique to teach them in detail. We can talk about other techniques in passing, but when we give the learner exercises to do, they will be based on one approach.
For your reference:
- Google spreadsheet reviewing different solutions
- My post evaluating the different approaches used in various solutions
Thanks for your help. I’m anxious to see what you think. Please show your work. :-)